jueves, 25 de mayo de 2023

Therapy with Dr. Albert Krueger

Done with class! Woohoo! Finals are in about a week and a half and then I’m free at last! It’s gonna be a busy summer, but I intend to spend a big part of my free time trying videogames out. I hope everyone’s enjoying Tears of the Kingdom, by the way! I personally can’t wait to write about it. All this mixed with the news about Revenant Hill and MGS 3’s remake is making me crazy. Anyways:

Therapy with Dr. Albert Krueger! A short, light horror visual novel I found on itch.io and played, loved, and recommended about nine months ago. And of course I had to revisit it for the blog.

You play as Taylor Lee, and find yourself in a session of “Dream Therapy” you didn’t really sign up for. This is where you meet Dr. Albert Krueger, who will be in charge of you during your appointment for the next… 30 minutes of gameplay or so (unless you decide to play all three available endings -which I profusely recommend you do in one sitting-, then you’re stuck with him for a little longer…).

A mixture of surreal "what-the-fuck-is-happening-comedy", bizarre horror elements, everyone's childhood games painted as cutting edge psychotherapy, and well built-up jumpscares, tied together by what I would consider to be a solid and good-looking high contrast aesthetic. Pink and blue palettes remain unmatched!  Dialogues are also very fun and the two characters we meet form one of those super amusing cynical/extravagant duos. You surely are in for an entertaining time with this game.

The creator has more stuff on their page, and from what I've read it sounds like their stories have some interesting lore. I think at least one of them is part of the universe Therapy with Dr. Albert Krueger takes place in! I'm not fully sure, though... I'll see if I check them out at some point!

 Baiii!٩(^ᴗ^)۶ 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario